17 March, 2012

Happy St. Patricks Day & Happy IUI ♥

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Like the warmth of the sun
And the light of the day,
May the luck of the Irish
shine bright on your way.

Well I'm not drinking any green beer; however I am chilling on the couch watching "Sense and Sensibility". It is one of my favorite moves about love, plus I love period piece movies!

Sooooo... I am officially in the 2WW - Eeek!!

I had my LH surge on Thursday the 15th which was CD 14. I called Coral and she scheduled Josh for the ARTS lab at 8:30am and scheduled "Us" for the IUI at 9:40am on Friday the 16th! This time our IUI went super smooth! We were not crazy emotional like the last time. Josh and I woke up at about 7:15 and got ready, he was feeling pretty nervous and his stomach was in knots. We were quiet for most of the drive, but it was nice to not be fretting and filled with tension. Josh was nervous, so I let him settle into his own feelings and didn't bombard him with my ramblings, because that would certainty have made things a little prickly. I had not slept well the last two night leading up to the IUI - I was full of nervousness and it was keeping me awake. I was laying in bed wide awake so it sorta kept him tossing and turning. I think he just felt as nervous as me, lol. We were both pretty tired and his stomach never does well in the morning. Plus having to go into a little room and rub one out while your wife sits only about 10 feet away is enough to make any man feel nervous. Hahah, poor Josh.



After Josh gave a sample of his *swim-team* to the ARTS lab we went to the cafeteria and I had breakfast, Josh did not eat at all, lol. He was feeling MUCH better though, hehehe. We headed up the the Fertility office and luckily the wait was not very long :) The IUI went fairly smooth... It seemed to hurt a little more this time, my cervix seemed a bit sensitive, but hey if we get a baby out of this, then I don't care how much it hur. Josh got to do the actual IUI again!! *big smile* He was allowed to do it last time, so it made us feel good that he was able to do it again this time - Dr. Laura is so awesome to let him have that part. I can tell it made him feel very much a part of the whole IUI experience and it is good for him to have a part. I'm the one that takes all the meds, pee's on strips, and goes to all the appointments - so I'm really happy that he is able to feel like an integral part of this not so normal "baby making" process, hehe. I also feel blessed that he's not skiddish about this stuff. We may not talk about it in depth or dissect every detail together, but when it gets down to business he does not fail me ♥ The IUI was quick and we were out of there and on our way home... so smooth and so simple.




I do have to admit that yesterday I did not feel the ovulation pains like I did in September when we did the IUI, so in the back of my mind I was worried that maybe I'd messed up the timing. I woke up this morning for work at 6am and felt the ovulation pains on my right side, I could barley walk without feeling it. I was definitely ovulating and I kinda freaked out thinking that we did the IUI too soon. I called Coral this morning and she reassured me that everything would be fine that the "Dudes" would live up to 72 hours or more. I felt so much better and was able to go about my day without worrying about it. *evil grin* Hehehe - I got home from work at 3:30 and pounced Josh, lol It wasn't really that romantic, but we made sure that even if timing was off, we added a little *extra* to the swim team!! I feel really excited about this month! I hope this works, and I think its really neat that If I do get pregnant, then one day we can tell our child that they were conceived on St. Patrick's day, the day of Luck... Today is also Josh's Nanny's Birthday! I can't believe that it is done and over with... now we just wait. . .

So here I am Ladies. . . in my 2WW. . . only 2DPIUI. . . *sigh* Thank goodness my Birthday is weekend. I'm doing "Painting with a Twist" with a bunch of really great friends. That will definitely break up the 2WW!!

I hope everyone has a Great weekend!! Congrats to those who have recently received their BFP's and for everyone still waiting, hoping, working and fighting for your BFP's - I send you ((hugs)) and lots of luck on this lovely day
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Glad to hear it went well. Keep us posted on your symptoms and how the 2ww goes. Hoping for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Slynn... I'm keeping you and your little bun in my thoughts!

      Delete
  2. Hoping this will be your "lucky" month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the "swim team" and your stripey socks! And I hope your 2ww leads to exactly what you're wishing for! We just found out ours didn't, so I'll happily take the hugs and luck (and little green hearts) you're handing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love LOVE love socks. I have an obsession :) Thanks for your sweet comments!

      Delete
  4. Yay! Glad things went so well! Hoping this is it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!! I'm hoping, wishing and praying!!

      Delete
  5. Hope this is it! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool how your Hubby got to do the actual IUI! If I have to do it again I am gonna ask if my Hubby can do it! Keeping everything crossed and hoping and praying this is it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally cool, I can tell it makes him feel good!! You should definitley ask if the hubby can do it too!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, that is awesome how everything went so smoothly! I can't believe it has already passed and you are now in the 2ww! Thanks for sharing all of the details, that helps those of us who are getting prepped for an IUI! Good luck, I have everything crossed that this will be it! And thank you for the hugs and well wishes, I will most certainly take them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hope that this one worked. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila and I are bothing praying everything works well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you Bart!!! I hope you guys are having a nice time in Louisiana give everyone hugs for us :)

      Delete
  10. Love all the cute pictures! Hope this cycle you get your wish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay :) You know... before this was a blog about TTC and infertility, it was a picture blog!!

      Delete
  11. BABY DUST is being thrown your way!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Luv