03 May, 2011

Happy May ♥

The sun rose into a crisp and cloudless sky this morning. Shinning down on my face as I drove in this morning, I could feel my good mood waking up for the day. Yesterday it rained all day, I was in a funk, bleh, I was tired from my weird work schedule and it was only in the 50's all day...a very dreary day indeed. Once again I say - Mother Nature is smoking something funny.

On Sunday Josh and I celebrated our 13 year anniversary ♥. We'll celebrate 8 year of Marriage on the 24th but May 1st has always been our special day. I was surprised by a sweet early morning text. I got all giddy realizing that Josh had in fact remembered this day without my help *sigh* he's a pretty swell Husband!! We didn't do anything special...just kinda hung around the house together and enjoyed the evening with some Star Trek!

That evening Josh left to get ice cream and doughnuts and I saw the breaking news bar across the top of CNN. It wasn't something that you could click on yet, it simply said "Breaking News: President Obama will speak shortly" Being a Sunday night at 9pm I thought this to rather strange. When Josh returned we watched and episode of DS9 and waited for him to speak. Josh got on twitter and found out what was happening before it broke on-air. "Osama Bin Laden is Dead" We were in shock and disbelief. I felt almost like it was a joke or something. Although I am happy for the people who lost their lives and loved ones to have some closure...I just can't celebrate death like that. Something about it feels wrong to me. I don't judge those who are celebrating by any means, this is just my personal choice. I remember I felt this same way when Saddam Hussein was captured and hanged; I felt happy because the media was telling me it was a great thing because yes...yes he was a horrible man but I also felt sadness, not sure where it comes from but it's there...

This quote will put it best as to how I feel...

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." --Martin Luther King, Jr.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Luv