12 March, 2011

Japan earthquake and tsunami.

The TV and Internet world is saturated with news from Japan. It is heartbreaking and awful to see... Yesterday March 11th, an 8.9 magnitude earthquake hit Japan and caused a massive tsunami wave that washed inland and then spread across the pacific ocean to Hawaii and the West coast damaging ports in California and Oregon. The damage was minimal for the US coast. The damage to Japan is unimaginable. Complete and total devastation.

Thursday night I got off work at 11:00 went home, had some soup and went to bed. I had a turnaround at work..ugh!! I tossed and turned, got back up to take some melatonin, got on the computer to check out the news; like one normally does when they are completely bored and are trying to stall time, and that is when I saw the news. In big bold letters "DEVASTATION IN JAPAN" My heart started pounding. I was shocked and blown away by the pictures, videos and reports flooding in. Then I went back to bed and could not sleep :/ I only had a few hours before I had to be back at work and now my brain is wired with such shocking news. It's so sad.. So many lives lost. It's such a crazy thing to think this big ball we live on has a mind of it's own and can cause such chaos in a matter of seconds. Japan uses nuclear reactors to provide a large amount of power to its country. They are badly damaged. The news headline right now reads " PARTIAL MELTDOWN UNDERWAY". Reading that scares the crap out of me. I know we're far enough away here in Texas, but if that thing goes or several go...then all that radiation and toxic crap will follow the jet-stream straight to the US West coast. *smh*. My heart goes out to all of those suffering from this tragic event. I keep going back to The Huffington Post to check the news...why is that tragic world events in the news seems so addicting? Not that I'm saying I'm happy this happened... but that I feel I just have to keep checking for any new piece of info. Ahhh... It's all this end of world crap people talk about. just the other day I saw an article about a large group of people who think the world is going to end this May..riiiiight *smdh* People like that kind of make me a tad nervous. I think a small part of my brain is fearful about our future and when stuff like this happens it makes me worry a little more. I know the world isn't going to end but things seem so tense and strained everywhere...like a balloon right before it bursts.

Tonight is daylight savings time. *Boooo* It would not be as bad if I didn't have to be at work at 7am :/ On a random note - I'm totally addicted to the TV show Fringe, I think it has filled the "Lost" hole in my heart. *Hahaha* I ♥ it! And yes I was talking about the TV show "Lost". I love mystery. Only one more day till GaGa *Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah* - *happy dance".

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Luv