05 March, 2011

An awesome documentary!

The strength and courage of the Liberian woman truly amazes and inspires me deep within and on a very human level. A will to survive, to be treated like humans beings and to have Peace instead of War. I just watched "Pray the Devil Back to Hell". An awesome Netflix choice...indeed! It reminded me of the many atrocities that are happening to people; especially woman and children around the world. Woman and children living in countries ravaged by war lords, violence, rape and hunger. It reminds me to be grateful for the blessings in my life, my rights as a woman and the many freedoms I am lucky to have... I mean good lord, I honestly can't imagine what that does to the human soul... to live in a place that is basically Hell on Earth. The spirit and passion those woman carried upon their shoulders is deeply moving. Laughing, smiling, crying, singing, Muslim and Christian. Grandmothers, Aunts, Sisters, Daughters and Mothers came together and moved a nation with their voice, courage and perseverance. They have been able to transcend their own suffering and have ultimately changed their lives and the futures of their children forever. Very powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Luv