03 July, 2012

Update after RE Appt. . .

I can hardly believe it has been almost a month since I last blogged. . . I must admit that the time away has been nice and even now as I try and write this post my brain is just not really with it, lol. I think the Texas heat may be frying my brain cells just a tiny bit.

We finally had our WTF appointment with my RE and talked about what the next step is for us since IUI # 3 failed. . . It was a good talk and I'm glad I got it done and over with.


Drum roll please
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

IVF

(O.o)
 *pulls hair out* 

Yep, that is the only option left for us unless a miracle happens and  I get pregnant naturally. 


Hummmm. . . *scratches head*  How the heck did we get to this?!?!?

*sigh* 

 IVF will cost us anywhere from 12,500-14,500 and will get us 1 fresh IVF cycle and one FET cycle.

Mr. Pnut and I have decided that we'll save the money. *gulp* It may take a while, but eventually we'll get there. In the mean time I'll still be able to see my RE for treatment of Endometriosos *Happy Dance*. Getting to see Dr. Laura for Endo makes me so very happy and mainly, because I've already been seeing her for the last few years and she already knows my body, heck she's been inside there and knows what's up so that makes me feel very confident that I'm in good hands!!

We talked about what I should do about the Endo during the extended break before getting to IVF and she will leave it completely up to me. She doesn't want to force us to stop trying on our own, because any opportunity is an opportunity, but let's get real. Endo is ravaging my insides as we speak, so I need some way of controlling it from now until we're ready for IVF.

Right now I'm having more and more pain from my Endo, it is not just during AF, but also during sex, ovulation and other random days throughout my cycle. I've dealt with this for a very long time so, I'm kind of used to it, but knowing the pain is coming back more and more each cycle lets me know that the Endo needs to be stopped somehow if we are to have a successful IVF in the future. (I can't believe I just said that) Talking about IVF feels so foreign right now, I never thought we'd have to go that far to make a baby. . .

Dr. Laura recommends going back on BC to see if that helps the pain and to obviously control the growth, if that does not help then we'll talk about Lupron. I seriously do not want to take Lupron :| If any of you have had to go on Lupron for Endo please leave me some info, advice or anything that would be helpful please share :) Dr. Laura also advised me not to wait past 32. The longer we wait the more damage my Endo will cause, I'll be 30 in March so, this gives us a good amount of time to save up. I told Dr. Laura that I would call back in August as I'd make up my mind then on what to do about the BC. I'm about to get a visit from AF, so I plan on trying on our own for a natural cycle during July just as one last attempt on our own before walking away for the next year or so. I don't have high hopes that it will work, but who knows.

I've been thinking about possibly going on a Diet *Ahhhhhhhhhhhh* An Endo Diet that is. I wonder if I can control the Endo in a more natural way that way we still have opportunities to conceive on our own while we wait and save for IVF. So many things to think about. . . The Diet would mean big changes in my lifestyle, I'm fearful of not having the power to stick with it, lol. . . I've been doing a bit of research and it is helpful yet completely overwhelming at the same time.
 


RE Update - Vlog

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. I would seriously, seriously, seriously urge you to research Lupron and ask about other options. I did a 6-month therapy of Lupron and if I had it to do over again... I would've never done it. I still have side effects from it. I realize everyone reacts differently but I really wish I'd done more research and knew more about what I was walking into. I was so naive and just believed my doctor when they said, "Here, try this!" I'll see if I can find some links and information for you to read.

    You should start an IVF fund. I know some others who've done it and you'd be surprised at how many friends, family and strangers are willing to help! :-)

    Examples:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/babyhaley?c=home
    http://www.gofundme.com/qtdnw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some Lupron links...

    http://www.endofacts.com/
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a685040.html
    http://endometriosisfighter.blogspot.com/2012/02/lupron-good-or-evil.html
    http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/hormones/a/lupron.htm
    http://lupronvictimshub.com/
    http://www.endometriosis-survivor.com/
    http://www.petition2congress.com/1902/investigation-lupron-side-effects-leuprolide-acetate/view/1
    http://journeywithendometriosis.blogspot.com/search/label/lupron
    http://www.endo-resolved.com/drug_treatment.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend! Happy to see your sunshiney face back here! What did your doctor tell you about endo and sustaining a pregnancy? Did you talk to her about prostaglandins? Just want some info for my own research!

    Exciting stuff for you!

    I hate endo. It seriously ruins my life and causes me so much frustration, pain, inconvenience....... Such a shitty deal. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to hear from you! Even with your tears, you are a ray of sunshine and I'm glad you're around blogland. I'm so sorry that it has come to IVF for you. I know that is my biggest fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just watched your video. You absolutely will save the money! This will work! You are just on the verge of mama hood!

    I love your videos... They make me feel so normal. Infertility is such a nasty, rocky road. I hate going to the clinic... I always feel like it's not a place that I should be, that somehow someone has me messed up for someone else.

    But this is all going to work out perfectly for you guys!!! And it will be so worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ask myself the same question all the time, "How did I get here? Is this really my 'story'?" We're in the same waiting game right now between IUI and IVF.
    Question for you...how did you get diagnoses with endometriosis? My RE that did the IUIs said I could have a exploratory lap to diagnose, but isn't there a less invasive way?

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was really helpful to hear you say you have pain from endo at random days during your cycle. The last OB I talked to about what to do for my endo said that it would only cause pain during my period and that I must have something else. So frustrating!

    Okay - I'm sorry that your only option now is IVF. IVF is expensive and no fun - BUT it hugely increases your chances of getting pregnant. While you're saving, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get pregnant naturally and can use that savings for something fun.

    As for lupron - I haven't taken it to treat endo, but I did take it during my first IVF cycle. Every person reacts differently, so you may have no problem with it, but for me it was awful. I was an emotional mess, crying for no reason, all the time. That 3 week experience too lupron off the list of endo treatment options for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Crystal! I was excited to see an update from you because I've been wondering how you are doing:) I switched to the Endo Diet and my symptoms from what was diagnosed as IBS 2 years ago totally went away! No more stomach pains and other fun digestive disturbances. Less cramping leading up to AF, too, which was great. Also, my skin became super lovely (it was never awful but my skin cleared up and got super soft). If you want any resources I have some great books I can recommend. They say there is no cure for endo (and I believe them) but I do think people can manage the symptoms and maybe even the growth a little bit with diet and other life changes. I actually wrote a post about the vitamins I took, how I changed my diet and what body products I switched (I was SO MAD to learn about how chemicals in soaps and lotions can mess with hormones...like I didn't have enough of that going on already!). Anyhow, if I can help in any way when you are deciding about whether or not to try the Endo Diet, let me know. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH!! I think I screamed a little out loud when I saw your name in my blogroll! I am glad you had your appoitment and that your taking steps forward! You are one strong woman! I love your vlogs too! I feel like I am sitting with you chatting! So glad your back! Sending lots of prayers love and hope to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to hear from you again! I'm so sorry that your next step is IVF. :( I was on Lupron for six months to treat endo and in hindsight I would not have taken it. While I was on it I felt that my side effects were minor but now that I'm done I'm still having residual effects, such as dizziness and headaches. My treatment ended in January and I still haven't gotten pregnant. My endo symptoms do seem lessened but I'm just not very confident that the Lupron has cleared everything up. I wish I had researched natural remedies before jumping on the pharmaceutical bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to "see" you again! I'm so sorry that you're only option now is IVF. I can't imagine hearing those words.

    I'm so sorry endo is treating you so badly. :( I haven't taken Lupron but it does sound horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry, sweetie. I know that being led to the IVF train is just a whole new feeling of "WTF." I hope you are able to save the money up quickly (and sanely!)

    I'm avoiding Lupron like the plague, but my RE said that a little bit of add-back therapy makes it less sucky? I don't know - he has a penis an all. I asked him his thoughts on the endo diet and he said that he didn't think it was worth it. That there are too many hormone ravaging things in our world and a change in diet wouldn't make much of a dent. That's just one opinion, though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh big step! But so very exciting!!!! I hope that you are able to stay pain-free for a little while and I hope that you will stay strong in saving money for IVF (saving is hard!). Thinking of you sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry honey. This just sucks. I'm going through this grieving right now too. We do have one more IUI, but we aren't expecting anything to come out of it with MFI. Our next step is IVF and I have been getting my head into that frame of mind for a while now. Remember that there is such a huge chance with IVF that it will work.
    I'm hoping during this break you can get the endo under control.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry it's come to this! I'm sorry you're having worse endo symptoms too, that sucks :(
    I agree with the others, though - hopefully IVF will make you a mommy! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad that you can move forward with a plan. I'll be here to support you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The road to understanding endometriosis was a long one for me. So glad you have blogged to find support and resources.

    Long before I knew I had endo (stage IV) I felt that if my hormones could not work harmoniously together I should not have another critters. So I have been a vegan for 3 1/2 years. My current doctor says that it does not help but I feel that it does and that is all that matters.

    Acupuncture with Chinese herbs have been a benefit. Please research the Depot Lupron injection carefully. It may only be a short term fix with long lasting side effects.

    I have chronic daily pain. My acupuncturist says there are many things to try in your diet that will minimize pain, such as eliminating wheat and night shade vegetables from your diet, as they cause inflammation.

    I wish you well on your journey to motherhood.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog and keeping tabs on me. Thinking of you! Your presence in blogland has been missed but I hope you are doing well and enjoying summertime without the stress of cycling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing. You are very brave to put your journey out there,.... So very therapeutic for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are such a beautiful soul, and so brave. Thanks for sharing so openly. I'm newly diagnosed with stage III endo (6 months ago at 23) after 10 years of symptoms. Infertility is something that I never thought I'd have to worry about before (my mum always conceived really quickly) but now I'm realising that its something that I should keep in mind and to maybe not put off having kids for so long. I hope that this all works out for you in one way or another and I hope the BC is helping you feel a little more human again, so you can get your strength back to keep fighting :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Luv