12 September, 2011

Day - 21

Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget

This one was a little difficult for me, because no matter how many things I wish to forget... I am thankful for the lessons that have been learned from each experience, good or bad. Although I wish I could forget this particular event, I would not change it because it is now a huge part of our History, and our lives have been forever changed.

Since Yesterday was the 10 year Anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on America, I will use this as my Day 21! I would say overall that a lot of people felt very tense and slightly nervous leading up to this date, and if you didn't the media made sure you did. There were reports of possible threats that might play out - I'm so glad I'm not a TV junky anymore :) I don't watch TV, but I do watch shows online, so I'm not a complete TV snob - please don't hate! We have a TV in the lobby of the Hotel at work, so I've been hearing the 9/11 *chatter* all week. I'm glad nothing happened :) That day is obviously burned into everyone's mind, kinda like the way I imagine people of the Kennedy Assassination-Generation feel. Yesterday on facebook people were posting "where they were" when they found out about the attacks. I didn't share mine but I'll share it here.

My Aunt Tina called me early and woke me up from a very deep sleep... she was screaming into the phone "they're blowing up The World Trade Center", I could barely understand her. I was dead asleep, because I'd spent most of the early morning hours (11pm Sept 10th to 2:30 am on the 11th) in the hospital with severe abdominal pains they thought it was appendicitis, but it was just an attack from Endometriosis (just didn't know it back then). Josh and I got home and fell asleep around 3:30am...
I literally jumped out of the bed with my Aunt on the phone and ran to the living room to turn the TV on, Josh was still dead asleep. I turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane hit. My heart stopped for just a moment, I was frozen, sick to my stomach, then I ran into the room to wake Josh up; there was fear in my voice. We sat on the floor, in front of the TV in silence, I had tears in my eyes, I felt fear and instant heartache. I will never forget that feeling... the feeling of "what's going to happen now". We were in disbelief... so many lives were lost in that one day :/ It is still such a sad thing to remember.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Luv