28 August, 2011

To pee or not to pee, that is the question.

Hahahha!! I'm totally laughing at my post title...

Well I'm on cycle day 32 and AF, has yet to show her face. Hummm... I have been feeling a bit crampy off and on for the last week and a half. I bought a two pack of pg-tests and peed on one the other morning, it didn't even phase me when I got the BFN and then I peed on the last one this morning and of course it was a BFN. Nada, zilch, squat... nothing. I even went back and dug through the wastebasket to look at the test again... thinking a magical line would just somehow appear as I was feeling low while getting ready for work. It never showed up *beeeep*, oh-well guess we won't be having that May baby after all :/ I didn't feel as defeated as I normally do, maybe it's because we're getting ready for the IUI soon. At least if AF would ever show up, ugh! It's always when you're really waiting for it, that it chooses to screw with you and make you wait. Ahhhhhh

I met up with a dear friend on my day off
and we ventured out into the heat to feed the ducks! It was tons of fun and even though we were out in the heat of the day the ducks were quite pleased to see us. We stopped by to feed store and picked up some hen-scratch, wheat and oats... they wen't nuts over that stuff, much better than bread. We went to a small pond area and found a few, then traveled down to Bear creek and found a bunch!! All different kinds and they too, were excited and stayed with us until we left, and let me tell you, they managed to get every last grain that was on the ground, hehe.

The last few weeks have been pretty good and actually much better than the last few months. Fall is slowly approaching and I'm starting to feel an internal relief that soon we won't be baking in 100+ degree weather. I'm ready for storms and rain and leaves and colors of the fall *sigh* - I can't wait. We had some really awesome clouds the other day, so I snapped a few pics on my way home. I was in love and mesmerized by the beauty and how the sun rays were peaking out from the bit puffy clouds...so pretty. I finally got back to a normal sleeping schedule after covering the night audit shift for one of my employees. It was not too bad, but trying to get back on a schedule was a bitch to say the least. I barley got to see the hubb's and it was during (O-Time) so I was a bit stressed on trying to make good timing, because I def ovulated :) Trying on our own this month has brought back the excitement of this whole experience and has reminded me of why we started all this in the first place. The last several months of not TTC has been slow, long and boring - bleh...lol. You tend to get lost, kind of defeated and somewhat forgetful when you're not actively trying for something. I'd lost most of my excitement and tried not to think much about it, but now that the IUI is right around the corner; I'm once again super excited to get this show on the road. My fingers are crossed and hoping that we don't run into any more unexpected issues *fingers crossed*.

I finally painted my kitchen!!! It's super cute, my pictures don't really do it justice since it's from an itouch, but it's fabulous and every time I walk in, I get a little grin on my face knowing I did it all myself. I painted an accent wall in Tree-house Green and the remaining walls in Sunset Yellow. I. Love. It. The house is really starting to have it's own character! I've spent the last few days rearranging the front living room and I'm trying to decide what colors to paint in there. I want something bright, but I'm just not sure yet.

I learned how to make a sock-bun - Thanks to Mary (a bloggy friend). She sent me an awesome how-to video, it took just a few tries and I had it down. It has been sooo freaking hot that leaving my hair down is just not an option, plus it's just stupid and crazy. Being outside for 5 minutes makes me sweat and then my hair is a mess :/ So a bun is the best option for this Texas Summer heat wave that's still kicking our asses. I really wish we could have gotten some rain from Hurricane Irene... but she hit up the east coast, so we won't be seeing any of that rain, at least not until next weekend *yay*. I looked at the forecast and saw that we had a small chance for Labor Day weekend and I almost peed myself, hahaha. And how sad that I'm super excited for it to get cooler, as in around 99 instead of 107, ugh! Any-who, the sock-bun is elegant and so it's perfect for work. Josh told me I looked like a Russian hahaha.

I hope everyone has a great week!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Luv