03 September, 2010

Fall is on the way..

First I have to give mother nature a big thanks...because the weather has been absolutely amazing the last few days. We got some much needed rain and a cool front blew in to give us a break from the 100 degree summer we've been having. I hope it continues. I'm just excited to feel that fall is on is on the way. This time last year we were house hunting...I can't believe it's almost been a year


I went this week for my “Clomid Consult”. Spoke with my doctor in person about all the test results and again everything looks really good. She even laughed about the semen analysis. Josh has like 92 billion sperm. So he’s got a big swim team haha. I asked if there was anything we could to affect the morphology but she said not much. Basically he needs a good diet, vitamins, good sleep and no hot baths or sauna visits. She went over the Clomid with me, the side effects and for the most part I think I will be fine! The chance of multiples does go up by 10 percent, but I told Josh that I wasn’t too worried about that, I mean hey…if we could have two and get it all done and over… that would be fine with me especially if it’s going to be this difficult for us in the first place. So the Clomid isn’t really going to do much for Josh, but it will make me extremely fertile meaning I might release more than 1 egg hopefully a few, so that there is a better chance that we can at least fertilize one egg! I’m starting to get very excited. I will only take the Clomid for 5 days out of my cycle…this first month I will have to do the ovulation predictor strips for the first round, and when I get my first positive sign, then I’ll go in for a progesterone test to make sure I’m ovulating at the right time. As my doctor says “Timing is everything”. I will be able to take the Clomid for at least 3 months, if nothing happens we can try if for a little longer maybe even up the dose, but if we have absolutely no luck then we’ll definitely have to see the Reproduction Endocrinologist… So hopefully the Clomid is a magical pill for us *fingers crossed*lol. One can only hope!

On another note; my mom has been having some heart troubles. Over the last week and a half she’s been to the hospital 4 times for heart attack symptoms. They said she has Angina. So she had an appointment with her cardiologist on Thursday morning…and they put her back into the hospital. They ran a bunch of tests and did a small rather common surgery to put a stint in one of her arteries, it was at 98% blockage :( I spent a little bit of time with her today before coming into work and she was looking and feeling much better. A year of Plavix, Aspirin and healthy eating should help her recover. We have naturally high cholesterol on her side of the family…my grandfather died of a massive heart attack when he was in his 50’s. So I’m going to be keeping my eye on her :)

Any-who it is Labor Day weekend I’m currently at work with only 2 arrivals (can we say..Slow?). I’m stuck at work the entire weekend…Such is my life. I do have next weekend off though! Liberti turns - 6, Sarah turns – 28, Zayin is going to be – 2…so lots of celebrating! Ooooh yea, Jen and I are getting to see Dave Matthews Band that Saturday.. I’m soo stoked!

peace.love.freckles

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your Momma girl! :) Glad to hear things are right on track for you. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amanda..she's doing much better!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Luv